The 2015 SWPARC meeting is held in conjunction with the American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists meeting in Reno, Nevada (Jul 18-20).
- For folks attending just the one day PARC meeting the selection should be for the one day professional.
- For those attending the entire JMIH meeting, full registration should be completed.
SWPARC is organizing an entire symposium during the 2015 ASIH meeting:
Conservation programs for reptiles and amphibians in the Southwest
See http://www.dce.k-state.edu/conf/jointmeeting/symposia for more info.
SWPARC is hosting the following workshops on Monday, July 20, 2015 at the JMIH Annual Meeting:
Student Workshop: Getting Started With Your Field Work
8:30 am-12:00 am (break 10:00-10:30 am)
- Permit application process
- Biosecurity protocols (including useful tools and equipment)
- IACUC and Animal handling/animal care
- Species selection and potential conservation implications
- Field notes – recommendations and best practices for recording your data and notes
Venomous Reptiles Workshop: Safety Practices and Myth Busting
Instructors: ML Robinson, Jason L. Jones, and John Potash
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm (break 3:00-3:30 pm)
- Safety equipment
- Safe handling techniques
- Correct identification of venomous reptile species in our region
- Myths, facts and fiction
- First aid – general overview and discussion of antivenin uses
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Registration for workshop attendance will be through EventBrite and is coming shortly.