Final agenda for the 2016 meeting is here in PDF format: SWPARC-2016-AGENDA!
See you soon!
SWPARC Annual Meeting in the BIG BEND!
When: August 11-14th, 2016
Pay online through Eventbrite (link here)
Where: Sul Ross State University (SRSU), Alpine, TX. Alpine is located in the heart of Trans Pecos, Texas, approximately 1 hour from Big Bend National Park. The Chihuahuan Desert is just 30 minutes south.
ATTENTION: See detailed info for dorm information. You’ll need to bring your own linens and a towel!
See this PDF file for more details: 2016 SWPARC Meeting detailed info
We invite interested parties to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations for the SWPARC annual meeting in Alpine, TX. Presentation topics are open to any herpetological conservation work in the Southwest United States and Northern Mexico. Keep these in mind:
- Presentations must be based on original work. Abstracts (maximum 250 words) must contain sufficient information to convey the main theme, objectives, results, and conclusions of the work.
- Oral presentations are limited. The planning committee will determine which abstracts are selected for oral or poster presentations.
Please, submit all abstracts to Sean Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Aug 1st, 2016.
Use the following format for your abstract, and refer to the example below:
- Use Microsoft Word or equivalent to save a DOC file, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, single-spaced, left justified
- Use UPPERCASE for authors and indicate presenter.
- Include affiliation and address after names; email address (remove hyperlink) and phone number
- Leave a single space between address block and abstract
- Use Bold Title Case for title
- Abstract has a maximum of 250 words
- Limit abstract to one paragraph
- On your email subject line, use LASTNAME: SWPARC Poster Abstract
AUTHOR(S): DOE, JOHN Z. (presenter), and DE LA CRUZ, MARÍA J.
AFFILIATION: (JZD) School of Environmental Squamatology, University of the Dunes, Lost Wages, NV 87654, USA; (MJC) Colegio Nacional de Herpetología, Facultad de Lagartijas, Casilla 550, San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucumán, Argentina;
EMAIL: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE: (888) 555-7777
Southwest Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation is hosting the following workshops on Monday, July 20, 2015 at the JMIH Annual Meeting:
Student Workshop: Getting Started With Your Field Work
8:30 am-12:00 am (break 10:00-10:30 am)
- Permit application process
- Biosecurity protocols (including useful tools and equipment)
- IACUC and Animal handling/animal care
- Species selection and potential conservation implications
- Field notes – recommendations and best practices for recording your data and notes
Venomous Reptiles Workshop: Safety Practices and Myth Busting
Instructors: ML Robinson, Jason L. Jones, and John Potash
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm (break 3:00-3:30 pm)
- Safety equipment
- Safe handling techniques
- Correct identification of venomous reptile species in our region
- Myths, facts and fiction
- First aid – general overview and discussion of antivenin uses
Please email email@example.com for more information.
SWPARC is organizing an entire symposium during the 2015 ASIH meeting:
Conservation programs for reptiles and amphibians in the Southwest
The cutoff date for the SWPARC booking rate ($169) has been extended to May 27th. Here’s the web link for booking reservations online with the group code:
–> Book your group rate: SD Zoo Global SWPARC >>
Don’t forget about AZA FrogWatch USA Training Seminar at San Diego Zoo on Sunday, Jun 8th at the Scripps Research Building – Click this link to register.
The Frogwatch USA workshop is a go!
Registration extended to 30th of May!
Go to the 2014 meeting page to see updated information on this field trip (June 13-14)…
We invite members of Southwest Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (SWPARC), and other interested parties to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations for the ?Annual SWPARC Meeting being held this year in San Diego California, USA, June 9-13, 2014.
See Call for abstracts
We’re meeting in California this year! Mark your calendar for June 9-11 for the annual SWPARC meeting. Field trips follow on 12th and 13th of June.